Actimize SAM Model Validation & Optimization
Matrix-IFS provided comprehensive end-to-end model validation and optimization of the Actmize SAM model through enhanced detection, policies and procedures in order to enable the most effective and sustainable monitoring, governance and controls of the BSA/AML model.
Throughout the project Matrix-IFS:
- Reviewed data from upstream source systems for validity, accuracy, timeliness, and completeness
- Developed procedures to handle the identified issues and address missing or inaccurate data
- Evaluated data transformation of existing ETL
- Validated the efficiency of existing monitoring and assisted building metrics for ongoing optimization triggers
- Designed enhanced monitoring given the red flags and risks that were not covered by the existing system as well as planned a mitigation approach to remediate pending regulatory comments
- Performed segmentation analysis and tuning methodology to create risk-based models to understand scenario coverage vs. risk assessments
- Determined the strategy for setting thresholds based on scenario design and risk
- Developed a new scenario testing model to evaluate the transformation logic critical to the client’s AML monitoring environment.