SAS AML Implementation for Retailers
A multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores, was required to identify and investigate suspicious transactions that occurred in-store or online.
- Some transactions were made by identified customers and others by unidentified customers which meant the transactions had to be analyzed by the cashier.
- Unlike other solutions that screen transactions, in this case, we had to group transactions into visits and identify suspicions activity patterns on a visit level.
- Investigator’s interface had to be fully customized to “speak” in ‘retail business terms’ rather than the standard “Out of the Box” financial/banking terminology.
Matrix-IFS worked with SAS in order to provide design, scenario development and UI customizations to match the client’s requirements using our own agile methodology.
- Sophisticated scenarios were developed which analyzed visits and generated alerts on the customer/cashier level.
- Scenarios for identified customers used fuzzy matching techniques to screen customers with incomplete information using various sanctions lists.
- A multi-lingual interface (English / Spanish / Chinese) was customized to match the requirements of different global investigator teams.